Thursday 24 March 2016

PASSION OF CHRIST (GOOD FRIDAY)

                                                             THE CROSS OF JESUS

It is on this very day, God gave His only Son for us. Jesus suffered and died, so that we could have eternal life. He bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that through His wounds we may be healed.

The Cross is my friend,
The Cross is my comforter,
The Cross is my faith,
The Cross is the suffering that I bear,
The Cross is mine to care,
The Cross is my smile,
The Cross is my perseverance,
The Cross is what I hold each night I sleep,
The Cross is the reason that I breathe,
If I shall not awake,
The Lord will exchange my Cross for His glorious Crown.

Until today it is a difficult day to see beyond the sorrow, may looking back in memory of the Crucified Christ, help comfort you tomorrow, knowing you can be saved! 


 
 

THE 15 SECRET TORTURES AND SUFFERINGS 
OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST

Revealed to the pious, God-loving Sister Mary Magdalen of Sancta Clara Order, Franciscan, who lived, died and was beatified in Rome. Jesus fulfilled the wish of this Sister, who desired  to ardently know something about the secret sufferings which He endured the night before 
His death.  
This devotion is approved and recommended by 
His Holiness Clement XII, (1730-1740)
 
The Promise of Jesus:
Then, Jesus added,"My daughter, I desire that you let everybody know the 15 Secret Tortures in order that everyone of them be honored.Anyone who daily offers Me, 
with love, one of these sufferings and says with fervor the following prayer, will be rewarded with eternal glory on the day of judgement."
 



Jesus is pierced by the lance

But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and 
forthwith came there out blood and water. 
 ~ John 19:34 ~

Jesus Christ: His Last Day

 


JESUS, THANK YOU FOR THE CROSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment